Goals: Pope (2), Rose
- A shambolic 15 minute spell where, through individual errors, a lack of a leadership and organisation and general sloppiness, we conceded 5 poor goals and threw away a game that we needed to win and, on paper, should have walked
- We’ve already had more defeats in the second half of the season than in the whole first half
- This was our first loss to a team outside the top 2
- We dominated the second half, winning it 2-0 and looked much more balanced and purposeful
- Tris got off the mark, scoring two absolute bangers as well as running himself into the ground
- The introductions of Banny and Pete Croft noticeably improved us
- Wayne not only bagged himself a nice goal but has three women on the go ( *Update* – as of Saturday night it’s now 4)
- Banny also had a date on Saturday evening
- We are now 4 points off the top 2 with a game in hand on Southgate. I think if we’d been told we’d be that position, with 7 games to go, before the season started we’d have been delighted – so let’s not get too down.
- We know exactly what we need to do now to finish in the top 2, and that’s win each and every remaining game. It’s going to be hard, but if we can get back to being horrible to play against, as we have been for around 98% of this season, we can do it. Let’s just make sure from now on we get to the final whistle without any regrets, because we really didn’t do ourselves justice in this game.
Onwards and upwards then, and the small matter of El Classico on Saturday. This basically means we can forget about the league for a week and just think about putting them in their place. Let’s do it.