Alexandra Park Football Club Rules
- That the colour of this section be Tangerine and black.
- That the Football Committee shall consist of a Football Chairman, Football Vice Chairman, Honorary Football Secretary, Honorary Subscription Officer, Honorary Match Secretary, 1st Team Manager and Captain, Social Secretary, Women’s Representative, Newsletter Editor and 3 other members to be elected at the Football Section A.G.M. Six members are needed to form a quorum.
- That, subject to confirmation by the management committee, the football committee and football selection committee have the power to decide, pro. tem., any matter not provided for by these rules.
- That the game will be played in accordance with the laws of the Football Association and within the rules of the Amateur Football Alliance and the Southern Amateur League.
- That the teams for Men’s matches be chosen by a selection committee, consisting of the Chairman of Selection, Vice Chairman of Selection and the Manager or Captain of each team.
Selection policy to incorporate the following points within the weekly selection process: –
- that any players can be dropped or promoted only one side at a time from the teams selected the previous week, and as published in the Newsletter. The exception to this being, that the 1st Team Manager or Captain has the sole right to select any player within the Club.
- That the Manager or Captain and nominated cry off person on attempting to fill a vacancy due to a cry off, select from the team immediately below their own side, thus allowing players to filter up. The 8th XI or the lowest XI should be made up with the players from the reserve list.
- Players filling vacancies due to a cry off, either return to the team they were originally selected for, or remain in the side they actually played for.
- When any player is unavailable for 1 week or cries off he would be selected into the side he was previously selected for or in the side immediately below it. Players unavailable for 2 weeks or more (including cry offs, unavailability or a combination of both) shall be placed on the reserve list or in a team at the Football Selection Committee’s discretion.NOTE: Any player is entitled to seek clarification concerning their individual selection from the Selection Committee through the Chairman of Selection.
- That the Football Committee and the Selection Committee have the power to suspend any player who brings the game into disrepute or transgresses the rules of the Club. All suspensions shall be reviewed at the earliest Football Committee meeting if the decision has been taken by the Selection Committee.
- That any member selected to play in match be notified by a Newsletter. On receipt of this Newsletter, if a member is unable to play that week, he should IMMEDIATELY inform the nominated cry-off person (only in emergencies should the relevant team Manager or Captain be contacted. In the interests of consistent team selection, players who are aware of their unavailability for any period, should inform their Manager or Captain or the nominated cry-off person before the relevant selection meeting.
- That the Club will provide all shirts, shorts and socks for players representing Alexandra Park Football club.
- That all members of a team are expected to carry out such duties as may be required of them by the Manager or Captain of that team or by any Committee Member on the day of a match. Any player failing to comply with this request will be liable to suspension.
- That all members of a team are expected to assist in the entertainment of the members of the opposing team and match officials.
- That all players are expected to arrive promptly at the arranged meeting place/venue for home and away fixtures. Members who fail to appear for matches or arrive persistently late at the meeting place/venue will be liable to suspension by the Selection or Football Committee.
- Players who are regularly more than 20 minutes late at the prearranged meeting place/venue may be dropped or suspended.
- Players who intend going direct to away games or home games away from the clubhouse are expected to be at the venue at least 30 minutes before kick-off. Failure to do so may mean the player is dropped or suspended.
- That any player, at the request of the nominated cry off person or the resident Manager or Captain, who refuses to play for a higher side as a direct result of replacing a player who has cried-off, will be liable to suspension unless there are extenuating circumstances. (S.A.L. League Rule is ‘clubs shall field teams of relative sectional strength for each fixture.’)
- That any player who fails to appear at the meeting place or venue then, subject to agreement between the relevant Manager or Captain, the higher side may take priority in fielding the strongest eleven.
- That the Club fully expects all players to maintain a high level of good conduct and behaviour on and off the field of play, respecting the laws of the game and the officials who apply them. The club also values fairness and transparency, and thus offers managers, captains and players alike the opportunity to participate in managing the clubs discipline. The club will apply its own disciplinary procedure in addition to the FA/AFA process and sanctions.
3rd Caution – 1 match suspension – STAGE 1
Suspension will be considered if the 3 cautions are received between the first day of the season and 31st December. If the 3rd caution is received after 31st December, then the player will receive a formal warning, but won’t be suspended.
The manager/captain may raise concerns regarding individual cautions, but must do so in writing to the Club Secretary, within 2 days of the related match/offence i.e. Monday evening. This information will be used in considering whether or not to apply the Stages 1 sanction, which will be heard by the Football Selection Committee, at which the player may make representation.
The Football Selection Committee will meet within 2 weeks of the related match/caution, and if applied the 1 match suspension will be effective 14 days after the related match/caution.
5th Caution – 1 match suspension – STAGE 2 (FA/AFA Process)
Suspension will be automatic if the 5 cautions are received between the first day of the season and 31st December. If the 5th caution is received after the 31st December, then the player will receive a formal warning, but won’t be suspended.
The sanction is automatic and takes effect 14 days after the related fixture/caution. There is only a right of appeal for mistaken identity, which must be lodged with the AFA by the Tuesday following the match/caution.
8th Caution – immediate suspension – STAGE 3
The player will be asked to appear before the Football Committee, who will meet within 2 weeks of the 8th caution and decide the appropriate punishment, which may include termination of membership.
1st Caution – 1 match suspension – STAGE 1
The suspension is automatic and will take effect from the next Saturday. There is no right of appeal accept for mistaken identity, and this must be lodged in writing with the club secretary within 2 days of the match/caution i.e. Monday evening.
The manager/captain may raise concerns regarding the Caution, but must do so in writing to the Club Secretary, within 2 days of the related match/offence i.e. Monday evening. This information will be used in considering the appropriate sanction at STAGE 2, as set out below.
2nd Caution – immediate suspension – STAGE 2.
The player will be asked to appear before the Football Committee, who will meet within 2 weeks of the 2nd caution and decide the appropriate punishment, which may include termination of membership.
1st Sending Off – 1-6 match suspension (depending upon nature of offence) – STAGE 1 (FA/AFA Process).
The sanction is automatic and takes effect from 14 days after the related match/red card. There is only a right of appeal for mistaken identity or wrongful dismissal (excluding abusive behaviour and 2nd caution), which must be lodged in writing with the AFA by the Tuesday following the match/red card.
The player may also be asked to appear before the Football Committee depending upon the nature of the offence, who may take further action, which may include termination of membership.
2nd Sending Off – 1-6 match suspension (depending upon the nature of offence) – STAGE 2 (FA/AFA Process).
The player will be asked to appear before the Football Committee, who will meet within 2 weeks of the 2nd Sending Off and decide the appropriate punishment in addition to any sanction imposed by the AFA, which may include termination of membership.
All suspensions will be match based/played and will apply to all APFC teams, not just the team that the player was playing for when the caution/red card was issued.
- Members of the ‘Club’ shall pay an Annual Subscription and a weekly match fee in accordance with the decision taken at the A.G.M. of the Alexandra Park Club. These amounts will be published in the Football Club Newsletter and will be available through the Football Club Subscriptions Officer.
- The Selection Committee will endeavour to give all sides a minimum of 3 games at the Clubhouse depending on the state of the pitches that season. Any side with a home draw in a cup competition will play at the Racecourse taking preference over league matches except those involving the 1st XI.
- That members of the Football and Selection Committees shall see that these rules are strictly adhered to and report any offenders who shall be dealt with by the Football Committee as they deem fit.
- Application for membership of the ‘Club’, by new members will be considered by the Football Committee before being submitted to the Management Committee for election. New members, on notification of their election, will be presented with a set of Club Rules.