Yet again I stare down the barrel of my laptop – anyone who has seen us play this season will know that the following happened in this game;
- The majority of the team arrived late;
- We did exactly what we said to avoid in the team talk;
- We let in an early, stupid and pointless goal;
- We had ridiculous amounts of possession;
- We looked extremely blunt in front of goal;
- The oppo scored a worldie;
- Despite having about 75% of possession, we never really looked threatening;
From this, the following observations can be made;
- We are not fit enough as a team. Going training is not enough – get out for a run.
- We need to turn territorial advantage into goals. We simply do not score enough goals.
- We get punished for every tiny defensive mistake, yet fail to punish the opposition for theirs.
- We play as a group of individuals, and do not really work as a team.
- In the last 3 games we have lost to 3 teams who outbattled us and wanted it more – 2 of which had not picked up a point previously – I think we have an attitude that we can just turn up and win – clearly not the case.
I don’t really know what to say – clearly my tubthumping/moaning/call-to-arms match reports do not have an effect.
Any ideas lads?